Stuffed Peppers 3 Delicious Ways
Rice and Veggie Stuffed Peppers
Jan 31, 2014
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Prep Time: 0 hours 15
medium bell peppers, tops cut off just below stem
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic
can whole tomatoes in thick purée
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
fresh or frozen corn kernels
cooked white rice
1/2 c. shredded reduced-fat Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- Have ready a 5-qt pot (about 10 in. wide by 3 in. deep), a rack or steamer basket to set in pot and an 8-in. square baking dish.
- Fill pot with 1 in. water; insert rack or steamer basket. Bring to a boil; place peppers cut side down on rack, cover and cook 4 minutes. Place peppers cut side up in baking dish.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic; sauté just until onion softens. Stir in zucchini, tomatoes, seasoning and 1⁄2 tsp salt. Break up tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook 2 minutes. Stir in corn. Remove and reserve 1 cup.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Stir rice and 1⁄4 cup cheese into vegetable mixture in skillet. Spoon into peppers. Loosely cover with foil.
- Bake 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle peppers with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile purée reserved vegetable mixture in a food processor or blender. Pour into skillet, add 3⁄4 cup water, 1⁄4 tsp salt and the pepper. Simmer 10 minutes. Serve with the peppers.
Video: VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE - SORTED
This power strip charger will power all of your electronics (and then some)
How to Handle Being Dropped from Your Sports Team
Top Facial Exfoliators To Invigorate Your Skin
Start-up builds AI shelf-climbing robot to process warehouse orders
How to Evaluate Your LifeChoices
Food Labels With Exercise Equivalents Are a Horrible Idea
Scammers steal money by appealing to their victims emotions
Real, Easy Strategies to Simplify Life
Vegan Apple Walnut Flax Muffins Recipe
7 Surprisingly Simple Health Habits That Will Save You Money
Do Statins Raise Odds for Type 2 Diabetes
Here’s what you need toset upyour dressing room
Sample Keys to a Good Marriage
Date: 09.12.2018, 20:56 / Views: 41342