Cheap And Easy Vampire Look - Halloween Makeup And Hair Tutorial ✖ James Welsh
How to Look Like a Vampire
Whether you’re just dressing up for an occasion or you want to adopt the vampire style permanently, adopting the vampire look can become something of an art form. It definitely is a stylish look, and you can have a lot of fun with it at a costume party or as a day-to-day style. Give yourself extra time in the morning if you’re planning to do this everyday!
Preparing Your Face Like a Vampire
Have pale skin.Vampires are supposedly undead and only come out at night. This means their skin is usually paler than the average color of human skin. For a paler complexion, apply a foundation that is lighter than your skin tone. Use a foundation that is one or two shades paler than your skin.
- Foundation makeup typically comes in a variety of thicknesses and styles, including powder or cream. For vampire purposes use the thicker foundation.
- Apply foundation in the center of your face and work toward your jawline. Blend using your fingers or a brush, according to the foundation you're using.
- If you have a dark complexion, don't worry! Vampires can have all different sorts of skin tones. Just remember that you're supposed to keep out of the sun, so you want to avoid looking like you have a dark tan.
Use dark eyeliner.Vampires are dramatic and nocturnal looking. They also can be hundreds of years old. You want to look like you might have seen things nobody could possibly have seen. To pull this off, use dark eyeliner and possibly shadow to pull off the right look.
- Apply eyeliner and use a small amount of dark purple eye shadow with black mascara. This will help your eyes "pop" a little more than normal, giving you a dramatic look.
- Light red eye shadow around the eyes is also good. This hints at the connotations of you looking undead or bloody.
- For a more dramatic look, use darker eye shadow on the top of your eyes, and lighter eye shadow underneath your eyes.
Make your lips blood red.The lips are usually the most vibrant part of vampire makeup. Depending on your complexion and intended look, use somewhere between a bright red and blood red.
- Go for a basic matte style. If preferred, use lip gloss instead of lipstick.
Dressing Like a Vampire Daily
Wear dark clothes.Dark colors are the clothes of vampires. When you look in your closet, try to avoid things with bright, shiny, or pastel colors. Instead lean in favor of things that are solid and dark. You want to look like a creature of the night, not an outlet store model.
- Avoid conspicuous brand names and shirts with lots of prints on them. A black t-shirt and black jeans is a great everyday vampire look.
- You don't have to wear only black. A little bit of color can work as well. Dark purples and navy blues are just as appropriate as black.
Dress up.Another vampire look is the old, formal, Victorian style. Dress like you're ready to go out for a night on the town. Wearing elaborate, dark toned clothes that might seem out-of-date to give off the impression of the undead.
- For women, fancy black skirts, black or red tops with bell sleeves, corset tops, and black dresses are great for a vampire style.
- For men, try a dark suit jacket or overcoat with antique buttons. Wear dark pants with a white button up shirt for the perfect vampire style.
Have some "everyday" vampire clothes.You probably don't want to have to dress up like you're headed to a funeral every day. Black skinny jeans with a red, purple, or black top will help to create a more comfortable and contemporary vampire look.
- For girls, black skirts with ruby studded designs look awesome, but avoid clothes from the mall that are branded to be "vampire" theme. Wearing a Twilight t-shirt won't make you look like a vampire, it'll just make you look like a fan.
Wear the right shoes.Generally, vampires don't run around in tennis shoes or sneakers. They need the right kind of formal shoes to pull off the right look.
- For boys, chunky boots are always the best bet. You can wear dark leather dress shoes, or big black work boots for the right look. Doc Martens will work fine.
- For girls, shoes should be dark and dressy. Spiked flats or small heels will work, as well as Black Doc Martens.
Dress practically.Just because you want to look like a vampire doesn't mean you get to ignore the concerns of weather and dress code at your school. It'd be impractical to dress like you're going to an 18th century ball when it's 90 degrees out.
- In cold weather, vampires usually wear long velvet cloaks in black or red, or a leather jacket or black trench coat.
- When it's hot, you'll probably have to ease up on the heavy makeup and thick layers, but try to stick to wearing black clothes and stay inside.
Use some vampire accessories.A couple of old accessories can help pull together a vampire look and make you look like you've been stalking the back alleys of London since the 1700s. Hit up swap meets, flea markets, and antique stores to find cheap old accessories. Any of the following will be perfect:
- Pocket watches
- Antique brooches or pins
- Old necklaces
- Silver bangles and bracelets
Pulling Off a Vampire Costume
Consider wearing fangs.Fangs are the hallmark of a vampire. If you’re dressing up like a vampire and you want people to understand what you’re dressing up as immediately, fangs will do the trick. If you do wear fangs, find small ones that don't look tacky. Plastic fangs from the coin machine at the grocery store will just look silly.
- Tooth caps are much easier to speak with than a full mouthpiece, and they look more natural.
- You can also make fangs with acrylic, bits of straw, or even pieces of a fork.
- Apply lip stick after fitting your fangs to avoid a mess.
Wear a cape.You want your cape to be either dark colors or red if you would like to stand out a little bit. Capes are another very recognizable component of vampire style. You can make your own cape out of fabric or drape, or buy one at a local party shop.
Put on elegant clothing.If you want to really take your costume to the next level you should try wearing elegant and slightly outdated clothing. For men, a ruffled tuxedo shirt, black pants, and black shoes are the perfect costume. You can even wear a cummerbund if it appeals to you. For women, an elegant top and a long flowing skirt will perfectly compliment your fangs and cape. Remember to wear dark colors.
Consider make up.Using eye shadow to darken your eyes and white face paint to make your face look paler will add a huge boost to your vampire costume. You also can paint your nails purple or red. Male or female this will make you look even more haunting.
Consider wearing contacts.The eyes of a vampire are used to hypnotize others, so it's good to give your eyes an extra little something. Sparkly or shiny contacts can be a nice touch for a vampire costume or look. Be as creative as you want with them, and explore different colors and options.
- Gold colored contacts will give you the look of a Twilight vampire. If you wish to be a bit more extreme, try blood red, black, or even "cat eyes."
- Be as unusual and creative as you wish.
- Many vampires wear sunglasses during the day, so that the bright sunlight doesn't hurt their eyes.
Styling Your Hair like a Vampire
Darken your hair.Black hair is usually the best bet for vampires. It creates a dramatic look contrasting with your lightened face. Consider dyeing your hair a darker shade, or going all the way to jet black.
- In some cases, a streak of white, purple, or red can be great for getting a vampire style in your hair. Consider darkening your hair, and include a single streak of color, as though you had your wits scared out of you at some point.
- Blondes, redheads, and people with any style and color of hair can achieve good vampire looks. Any color will work, as long as it works well with your complexion.
Straighten your hair.Vampire hair is usually flat, straight, and dramatic looking. Use a hair straightener after you wash and dry your hair if you have curly hair, to pull off that lank hanging look.
- All kinds of cuts can look like vampire cuts, although a mysterious, full bodied cut usually has the best effect for women. Loose curls or waves can help create a sultry, mysterious appearance, depending on what you're going for.
- Men can pull off long or short styles, but a slicked back medium length cut that's short on the sides will always look dramatic and ominous for a vampire. It's the classic Bela Lugosi look.
Consider a nontraditional cut.Try having your hair long on one side and shaved near bald on the other, like a punk or techno vampire. You could also try a mohawk or dreadlocks. The vampire look is flexible and can be accepted with anything you're comfortable with. Consider nontraditional styles and cuts for pulling off your own unique look.
Take care of your hair.Vampires are elegant creatures, proud of their appearance and style. However you choose to style your hair, keep it well trimmed, free of split ends, and in a shiny, lustrous condition.
- Wash your hair regularly and aim to get cuts at least every couple of weeks.
QuestionI have sharp teeth already do I still need fangs?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, sharp teeth are great, fangs aren't necessary.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I cant wear contacts?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou don't need contacts to look like a vampire. Many of them have more natural eye colors, even though they are often pictured with red eyes.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I have to wear a school uniform?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerVampires aren't dressed in a specific way, so the uniform doesn't matter. If you manage to look pale, possibly with bloody red lips, and maybe fangs, then it's perfectly fine that you wear a uniform.Thanks!
QuestionHow do vampires react to blood?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerPossibly the way animals do when they smell prey - they may seem more alert and focused, or stare at the blood like a hungry person would stare at a hot meal.Thanks!
QuestionAre vampires supposed to be alone and to have a bad personality?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot all vampires are bad-tempered and lonely. Count Dracula, for example, is quite charming.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I'm not allowed to wear dark makeup?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerJust make your skin look really pale and clammy, and try to make your eyes look sunken.Thanks!
QuestionWhat should I do if my friends start asking about my life away from school? I don't want to tell them I'm a vampire!wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerMake something up. Tell them you've got a part time job or something of the sort, anything to conceal your true identity,Thanks!
QuestionIf I wore a vampire outfit to school, would my teacher approve?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends entirely on the teacher, but most teachers probably wouldn't have an issue with it unless your school has a strict dress code.Thanks!
QuestionDo vampires have brown hair?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerVampires can have hair of any color.Thanks!
QuestionWhat color should the contacts be? Do I have to draw on them?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerDo not draw on them. Use red, yellow or green.Thanks!
- Not all vampires have to stay inside, Because there are things called daylight rings.
- You could stain your lips, instead of using lipstick.
- Be dressy, no matter the occasion.
- If you can't dye your hair, use a wig.
- You could use fake blood on your face too!
- If you have glasses, try to get blood red or black frames.
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
中文: , Русский: , Português: , Italiano: , Español: , Deutsch: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Nederlands: , العربية:
Video: Playing a Vampire Right at School
How to Evaluate Store Credit Card Offers
Chronic pain and the loss of self
Romeo Beckham steals the show again in new set of Burberry ads
How to Identify Your Adopted Mutt
Stop Smoking to Reduce Your Heart Disease Risk
Ready, Set, Shop Your Ultimate Guide To 50 Major Black FridaySales
Why Good Posture Is Essential To Men (And How To Get It)
What Is the Average Weight for an Adult Woman
Vegetarian Hot Pot